Space battle cruiser SATANIA Papercraft by Shunichi Makino

Space battle cruiser SATANIA Papermodel by Shunichi Makino

It is a space cruiser Satania from the 1979 novel "Galaxy Holy Warrior" by science fiction writer Koji Tanaka. It's really cool. This spaceship was designed by Naoyuki Kato, one of my most respected SF painters. It's a great design. The Satania was made into a paper craft with the consent of Mr. Naoyuki Kato.

However, the problem was that Satania's material was only one book cover for books. I asked Mr. Kato, but he said that everything was drawn in the illustration, and the parts that were not drawn were not set. However, I gave generous permission to create the parts that I couldn't see, so I created the front and bottom to show the true character of the designer.

Even though it was a creation, I created a 3D model from the part that I could see as much as possible, examined it, and guessed the shape. While faithfully reproducing the illustration on the surface details, I guessed the invisible parts and added them. Although it has a polygonal shape suitable for paper crafts, the delicate lines near the engine at the rear have been difficult. (2012.5)

Download Space battle cruiser SATANIA Papermodel by Shunichi Makino

 


Download Space battle cruiser SATANIA papercraft template designed by Shunichi Makino below:



Space battle cruiser SATANIA Papercraft

Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url